Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Rainbow of Red Sox

I'm apparently a total sucker for a good colored parallel card. Even though Topps has flooded the market with these things in recent years I still seek them out.  In my last COMC shipment alone I realized I had enough to complete a rainbow of Red Sox.

Red - 2008 Topps Opening Day Manny Ramirez

Orange - 2012 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor David Ortiz

Yellow - 2014 Topps Yellow Jonny Gomes

Green - 2013 Topps Emerald Foil Dustin Pedroia

Blue - 2009 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Josh Beckett (#'d /199)

Indigo - 2014 Topps Toys 'R' Us Purple Jon Lester

Violet - 2010 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor John Lackey (#'d /599)

This one scanned in closer to blue, but is clearly purple in hand. 

I love these parallels as much as anyone, but even I have to admit it's gotten a bit ridiculous.  I have a feeling Topps may have realized this, as the parallels in this year's Chrome product were reduced in number, and the borders on next year's flagship set don't seem very conducive to colored parallels either...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...