Saturday, July 5, 2014

Yet Another PWE from Douglas

While I don't get to trade as frequently as I'd like to, Douglas from Sports Cards from the Dollar Store is certainly one of those people I'd consider a member of my "inner trade circle".  He regularly goes out of his way to pick out cards for me and I seem to be getting PWEs in the mail from him about as fast as I can post them!  Here are a couple of highlights from the latest one...

Just an awesome photo of a smiling Jim Rice during the height of his career as a ballplayer.  I've got the Topps version of this one, but the O-Pee-Chee is new for me.  A very nice addition to my Sox collection, especially given that Rice is now a member of the Hall of Fame.

As usual, some damage was done to my Whalers want list.  This is actually my very first '85-86 O-Pee-Chee card of any kind if you can believe that.  I've just been focusing on Topps these past few years, what can I say?

Last but not least, my favorite from this batch, a fantastic '74-75 O-Pee-Chee WHA card featuring Tom Webster of the New England Whalers.  There are only 66 cards in this set, so just a handful of Whalers.  With Tom now in hand I'm going to make an increased effort at tracking down the others.

As always, thanks for the package Doug!  I got a return bubble mailer out to you at the end of June, if you haven't seen it already you should soon...

2 comments:

Nick said...

Douglas sends awesome PWEs. Love that OPC Rice!

shoeboxlegends said...

Yup, he's one of the most generous guys out there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...